Trop Rock Strong - Open Mic
Date: Sunday, November 1st
Time: 5 - 8 pm with @20 minute sets
Location: Two Friends Patio Restaurant, 512 Front Street, Key West
The Open Mic is for musicians who are attending Trop Rock Strong. A live streaming video cam will be running at:
Two Friends has a Plexiglas shield at the stage, so masks are not required for the performers.
Two Friends Patio Restaurant has been voted:
Trip Advisor has just rated Two Friend Patio Restaurant in the TOP 10% IN THE WORLD!
WINNER: 2019 “BEST BLOODY MARY”
WINNER: 2019 “BEST HAPPY HOUR IN KEY WEST”
WINNER: 2019 “BEST FAMILY OWNED RESTAURANT IN KEY WEST”
2nd Place: 2019 “BEST OVERALL RESTAURANT IN KEY WEST”
WINNER: 2017 PEOPLE’S CHOICE “BEST BLOODY MARY IN KEY WEST”
WINNER: 2016 "BEST BLOODY MARY"
WINNER: 2015 “BEST HAPPY HOUR IN KEY WEST”
The available time slots are:
5:00 - 5:20
5:25 - 5:45
5:50 - 6:10
6:15 - 6:35
6:40 - 7:00
7:05 - 7:25
7:30 - 7:50
We will be pulling names out of a hat to fill these slots!
Because of Corona 19 and also the schedule we have, some rules that must be required. Safety is paramount.
Here's what we have:
1) Bring your own mic with an XLR input jack!!!!
2) When not seated you must wear a mask. This includes entering the restaurant, heading to the stage, bathroom, bar. etc. These are City of Key West regulations. 😷
3) When on the stage you may remove your mask, as there is a Plexiglas shield at Two Friends!!! Thank you Two Friends!!!
Another great thing about the Plexiglas, is that if the audience doesn't like you, when they throw their beer bottles and tomatoes at you, it's not a mesh screen, like in the Blues Brothers. The Plexiglas stops liquids from flying through! 😆😸
4) Bring your own mic with an XLR input jack!!!!
5) Maximum two performers on the stage at one time. I'm sorry, but there is not room for more. 😢😢We've been playing here for 3 1/2 years and because the two of us need to squeeze in, we call it "The Cockpit". Or, let's call it ... "Cozy"! 😁.
6) Acoustic/electric guitars only please. These are acoustic guitars that are wired for amplification. We have only 5 minutes to get one performer off the stage and the next one on. This can be done if all we're doing is unplugging a mic and acoustic guitar, then plugging in a guitar and mic. We do not have time to plug in and set up keyboards. We also cannot put a vocal mic on a guitar if it does not have a pickup.
7) I'm sorry...No amplifiers.
7B) If you have an effects box, bring the cable that goes to your guitar. Our cable will go from the mixer to your effects unit.
8 A) Be in tune before you get on stage.
8 B) Be in tune before you get on stage.
8 C) Be in tune before you get on stage.
9) Bring your own mic with an XLR input jack. Yes, this is the third time you read this! 😋 With the Corona 19 virus as abundant as it is, we are not supplying mics, because mics have the potential of being Corona 19 germ hives. 😱😱😱 Plus, if anyone has it, but doesn't have symptoms yet, they are carriers and could infect every player. Likewise, please do not put a fellow performer in a very awkward position by asking them if you can use their mic. Please bring your own mic.
10) To sign up, please send an email with your full name to: email@example.com
If there's a time you'd like to play, please specify: firstname.lastname@example.org. as long as no one has picked it, it's all good!
11) Please check your song list to insure it's less than 20 minutes. There's bound to be banter with people in the crowd. in between songs, so please account for that.
12) We'll give you "The Finger" with about three/four minutes to go on your set. Please do not pick The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, American Pie, or the like. Pick a song that fits the time slot, please, as you'll be encroaching on the next performer's allotted time if you go over.
13) Be on time and ready to go.
14) We have run literally hundreds of Open Mics and I learned from the very best, a non-active duty Marine, David Leicht. Open Mics always run smooth when everyone knows how they are organized, which is why I am giving the "lay of the land" here. We're all professionals, so lets have fun!
15) Catch The Shanty Hounds at @Two Friends Patio Restaurant on Thursday morning October 29th at 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
and AGAIN on Saturday, October 31st from 8pm until 10pm!
All the best from Key West!
"Key West Chris" Rehm