Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Key West Songwriter’s Fest 2013

Key West Songwriter’s Fest 2013



[Misty Loggins and I last year at the Key West Songwriter's Festival doing my song "Island Blue"]

The Key West Songwriter’s Festival is coming May 1 – 5. This is the most important songwriter’s festival in the United States, as it’s not put on by a group of individuals, but rather the music industry itself, in conjunction with Key West’s Charlie Bauer, who started the event eighteen years ago. For me it’s a great honor being invited to my third! Rusty Lemmon and I represent Key West in this year's event. All in all there are 150 songwriters on the schedule! Many thanks to my publisher George McClure of  McClure and Trowbridge Publishing Nashville, Charlie Bauer and Dani Strampello Holliday  of Smokin’ Tuna Saloon, here in Key West, and Mark Mason of BMI Nashville! Many thanks to all of you and I consider this my greatest honor to be a part of this incredible event!

Please check their website!


I’ll be once again sharing the stage with the wonderfully multi-talented Nashville based, Misty Loggins, who writes and performs her material, plays Dolly Parton at Dollywood, acted on tv shows, and is also about to star as Tammy Wynett, in a movie about Patsy Cline! Phew!


[Misty Loggins at the 2012 Key West Songwriter's Festival doing her song "Cardboard Raft"]

We’re playing Saturday, May 4th at the Southernmost On The Beach resort, poolside from noon to one. Be sure to stop by and share the fun! As I say, we’re playing poolside so bring your bathing suits too!




 photo
DSCF2814_zpsd989168e.jpg

[ Here is the Southernmost Beach Resort pool, where Misty and I will be playing. 508 South Street, between Duval and Simonton Streets, a block and a half east of the Southernmost point]


At the moment I’m choosing what songs to play. Some songs I have to play, such as my signature songs “Liveavboard” and “Titusville”, Plus I HAVE to do “Island Blue”, which Misty and I cut together here in Key West last year. After that it’s open. I put out a questionnaire on Facebook and so many supported a song I’ve only put out as a demo thus far “The Greatest Country”, as well as my song “My Little Island Town”. I’m also doing a brand new song called “Seaplane”. That should pretty much take up my half hour of the show, although Misty and I will be alternating song by song back and forth. Misty, buckle your seat belt for “Seaplane” ;-)




It’s interesting as I’m one of four Trop Rock performers invited to the event, so I want to put my best foot forward naturally. I also want to again touch base with a few of the industry execs in attendance regarding making Trop Rock a recognized genre.  Hell, living and writing in the Florida Keys, I’m also Conch Rock, but first things first!

 photo ConchRockArt24.jpg

The Key West Songwriter’s Festival is always an incredible event with something like 25 different stages all over town hosting 150 performers. With only a few exceptions, all shows are free as well! If you’re coming in from out of town, be sure to book now, as the town fills up for this event.
This is the largest and by far, the most significant music event in Key West.
BE THERE!!!

All the best from Key West!

“Key West Chris” Rehm

For my album, demos, Biker music, and unreleased music downloads, with prices starting at $.75 downloads go to: 


[2012 Key West Songwriter's Festival, me doing "My Little Island Town"] 

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to catching the act from the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I could be there Chris! But you'll do great even without me there! lol

    ReplyDelete